What happens if the campaign exceeds the donation target?
When fundraisers start a campaign, they are prompted to set a donation target that is based on estimated bills or well-researched costs. This is to ensure transparency and accountability.
Sometimes, the donations might exceed the required amount due to:
- An excess of generous donors for a campaign
- An update in the social mission (e.g. building one school instead of two schools)
- The beneficiary passing away before receiving life-saving treatment
In any event where there is a mismatch between the fundraised amount and the required amount, we will consider the situation on a case by case basis.
- If there is a change in the disaster relief campaign by Singapore Red Cross, we will encourage the charity to post an update to all donors to share their reasons and how they plans to manage the excess donations.
- If a patient in Singapore passes away before life saving treatment, our charity partner managing the case will consult the family of the beneficiary and pay forward the donated amount to save another person in need.