Tips for a successful fundraising campaign
1. Make your campaign look its best
- Write a great and descriptive title that fits into your cause. Make sure it’s action-driven, and includes the name of the person or organization the funds are for, this is to promote transparency and accountability.
- Use images of the people involved, since images of people get stronger reactions than a graphic or text and we’ve found that adding the right images is key to your campaign success.
- Make a video! This is your shot at a powerful first impression!
- Write a compelling campaign story! Present as much facts as possible so the potential donors will know why are you asking for help!
2. Customize your campaign page
On GIVE.asia, we have built several great features that would help you make your fundraising campaign unique to others. On your fundraising page, you can
- Add preset donation amounts and meanings behind them
- Invite co-fundraisers to team up on your campaign
- Prepare preset chat messages
- Edit Thank you message to donors
- Create campaign short URL to facilitate sharing
3. Share with friends and family on social media
Your first supporters will be the people around you in your life, which are your friends and families. Sharing your story on your social networks, such as Facebook and Twitter, should be your first step to a successful campaign, and this is the fundamental if you’re looking to increase awareness and donations.
When posting to social media, add a personalized message with your link, explains why your campaign means so much to you, and how grateful you’ll be for a donation or share! A simple, direct, and heartfelt appeal will get you the most views.
4. Send personal outreaches
While it’s beneficial to use social media to promote your fundraiser, there are other ways to share without social media that can help you get the support you need. You may personally share your link with 4-5 friends or family members by sending a WhatsApp message, text message, Facebook message, or email.
5. Post frequent updates
Supporters truly appreciate receiving updates periodically from fundraisers because updates can contribute to a successful campaign. This is effective for continuously engaging the people who want to help you most or share your passion for your cause. You can write an update quickly and some update tips include:
- Thank you shout outs to those who have donated or shared
- How you (or your beneficiary) is doing
- How the donations are being used
- A request for supporters to share your link with their networks
6. Boost your campaign through Facebook Outreach
We provide another unique free service to give your campaign more exposure through social media boosting.Your campaign will be promoted to potential donors on Facebook . We have helped these campaigns raise more money through boosting: