GIVE.asia (the Platform) values you and respects your privacy. We collect information to support our relationship with you, improve our services, and communicate to keep you informed on updates. We ensure that this information is securely protected, if applicable, and that we will use the information responsibly.
1.2 "Personal Data" or "personal data" means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data and other information to which an organisation has or is likely to have access. Common examples of personal data could include name, identification number and contact information.
1.4 This Policy applies in conjunction with other notices, contractual clauses, consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, storage, use, disclosure and/or processing of your personal data by us and is not intended to override those notices or clauses unless we state expressly otherwise.
1.5 This Policy applies to all users including but not limited to donors, fundraisers and charity staff who use the Services except where expressly stated otherwise.
2. WHEN WILL WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA?
2.1 We will/may collect personal data about you:
- when you register and/or use our Services or Platform, or register an account with us;
- when you submit any form, including, but not limited to, application forms or other forms relating to any of our products and services, whether online or by way of a physical form;
- when you enter into any agreement or provide other documentation or information in respect of your interactions with us, or when you use our products and services;
- when you interact with us, such as via telephone calls (which may be recorded), letters, instant messages, face-to-face meetings, social media platforms and emails, including when you interact with our customer service agents;
- when you use our electronic services, or interact with us via our application or use services on our Platform. This includes, without limitation, through cookies which we may deploy when you interact with our application or website;
- when you grant permissions on your device to share information with our application or Platform;
- when you link your GIVE.asia account with your social media or other external account or use other social media features, in accordance with the provider’s policies;
- when you carry out transactions through our Services;
- when you provide us with feedback or complaints;
- when you register for an event; or
- when you submit your personal data to us for any reason
The above does not purport to be exhaustive and sets out some common instances of when personal data about you may be collected.
3. WHAT PERSONAL DATA WILL WE COLLECT?
3.1 The personal data that GIVE.asia may collect includes but is not limited to:
- email address;
- date of birth;
- bank account and payment information;
- telephone number;
- information sent by or associated with the device(s) used to access our services or Platform;
- photographs or audio or video recordings that you share with us;
- government issued identification or other information required for tax deduction application or our due diligence, know your customer, identity verification, or fraud prevention purposes;
- marketing and communications data, such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and third parties, your communication preferences and history of communications with us, our service providers, and other third parties;
- usage and transaction data, including details about your searches, donations, and other products and services related to you;
- location data;
- any other information about the user when the user signs up to use our Services or Platform, and when the User uses the Services or Platform, as well as information related to how the User uses our Services or Platform; and
- aggregate data on content the User engages with.
3.2 You agree not to submit any information to us which is inaccurate or misleading, and you agree to inform us of any inaccuracies or changes to such information. We reserve the right at our sole discretion to require further documentation to verify the information provided by you.
3.3 If you sign up to be a user of our Platform using your social media account (“Social Media Account”), link your GIVE.asia account to your Social Media Account or use any GIVE.asia social media features, we may access information about you which you have voluntarily provided to your Social Media Account provider in accordance with such provider's policies, and we will manage and use any such personal data in accordance with this Policy at all times.
3.4 If you do not want us to collect the aforementioned information/personal data, you may opt out at any time by notifying our Data Protection Officer in writing. Further information on opting out can be found in the section below entitled "How can you withdraw consent, request access to, correction or deletion of information you have provided to us?". Note, however, that opting out or withdrawing your consent for us to collect, use or process your personal data may affect your use of the Services and the Platform.
4. COLLECTION OF OTHER DATA
4.1 As with most websites and mobile applications, your device sends information which may include data about you that gets logged by a web server when you browse our Platform. This typically includes without limitation your device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, computer/mobile device operating system and browser type, type of mobile device, the characteristics of the mobile device, the unique device identifier (UDID) or mobile equipment identifier (MEID) for your mobile device, the address of a referring website (if any), the pages you visit on our website and mobile applications and the times of visit, and sometimes a "cookie" (which can be disabled using your browser preferences) to help the site remember your last visit. If you are logged in, this information is associated with your personal account. The information is also included in anonymous statistics to allow us to understand how visitors use our site.
4.2 Our mobile applications may collect precise information about the location of your mobile device using technologies such as GPS, Wi-Fi, etc. We collect, use, disclose and/or process this information for one or more Purposes including, without limitation, location-based services that you request or to deliver relevant content to you based on your location or to allow you to share your location with other Users as part of the services under our mobile applications. For most mobile devices, you are able to withdraw your permission for us to acquire this information on your location through your device settings. If you have questions about how to disable your mobile device's location services, please contact your mobile device service provider or the device manufacturer.
4.3 As when you view pages on our website or mobile application, when you watch content and advertising and access other software on our Platform or through the Services, most of the same information is sent to us (including, without limitation, IP Address, operating system, etc.); but, instead of page views, your device sends us information on the content, advertisement viewed and/or software installed by the Services and the Platform and time.
5.1 We or our authorized service providers and advertising partners may from time to time use "cookies" or other features to allow us or third parties to collect or share information in connection with your use of our Services or Platform. These features help us improve our Platform and the Services we offer, help us offer new services and features, and/or enable us and our advertising partners to serve more relevant content to you, including through remarketing. “Cookies” are identifiers that are stored on your computer or mobile device that record data about computer or device, how and when the Services or Platform are used or visited, by how many people and other activity within our Platform. We may link cookie information to personal data. Cookies also link to information regarding what items you have selected for purchase and web pages you have viewed. This information is used to keep track of your donation cart, to deliver content specific to your interests, to enable our third-party advertising partners to serve advertisements on sites across the internet, and to conduct data analysis and to monitor usage of the Services.
6. HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE US?
6.1 We may collect, use, disclose and/or process your personal data for one or more of the following purposes:
- to consider and/or process your application/transaction with us or your transactions or communications with third parties via the Services;
- to manage, operate, provide and/or administer your use of and/or access to our Services and our Platform (including, without limitation, remembering your preference), as well as your relationship and user account with us;
- to respond to, process, deal with or complete a transaction and/or to fulfil your requests for certain services and notify you of service issues and unusual account actions;
- to enforce our Terms of Service or any applicable end user license agreements;
- to protect personal safety and the rights, property or safety of others;
- for identification, verification, due diligence, or know your customer purposes;
- to maintain and administer any software updates and/or other updates and support that may be required from time to time to ensure the smooth running of our Services;
- to deal with or facilitate customer service, carry out your instructions, deal with or respond to any enquiries given by (or purported to be given by) you or on your behalf;
- to contact you or communicate with you via voice call, text message and/or instant message, email and/or postal mail or otherwise for the purposes of administering and/or managing your relationship with us or your use of our Services, such as but not limited to communicating administrative information to you relating to our Services.
- to allow other Users to interact, connect with you or see some of your activities on the Platform, including to inform you when another User has sent you a private message, posted a comment for you on the Platform or connected with you using the social features on the Platform;
- to conduct research, analysis and development activities (including, but not limited to, data analytics, surveys, product and service development and/or profiling), to analyse how you use our Services, to recommend products and/or services relevant to your interests, to improve our Services or products and/or to enhance your customer experience;
- to allow for audits and surveys to, among other things, validate the size and composition of our target audience, and understand their experience with our Services;
- for marketing and advertising, and in this regard, to send you by various mediums and modes of communication marketing and promotional information and materials relating to products and/or services (including, without limitation, products and/or services of third parties whom GIVE.asia may collaborate or tie up with) that GIVE.asia (and/or its affiliates or related corporations) may be marketing or promoting, whether such products or services exist now or are created in the future. You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing information at any time by using the unsubscribe function within the electronic marketing material. We may use your contact information to send newsletters or marketing materials from us and from our related organisations;
- to respond to legal processes or to comply with or as required by any applicable law, governmental or regulatory requirements of any relevant jurisdiction or where we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary, including, without limitation, meeting the requirements to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on GIVE.asia or on its related corporations or affiliates (including, where applicable, the display of your name, contact details and company details);
- to produce statistics and research for internal and statutory reporting and/or record-keeping requirements;
- to carry out due diligence or other screening activities (including, without limitation, background checks) in accordance with legal or regulatory obligations or our risk management procedures that may be required by law or that may have been put in place by us;
- to audit our Services or business;
- to prevent or investigate any actual or suspected violations of our Terms of Service, fraud, unlawful activity, omission or misconduct, whether relating to your use of our Services or any other matter arising from your relationship with us;
- to respond to any threatened or actual claims asserted against us or other claim that any content violates the rights of third parties;
- to store, host, back up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) of your personal data;
- any other purposes which we notify you of at the time of obtaining your consent.
(collectively, the “Purposes”).
6.3 As the purposes for which we will/may collect, use, disclose or process your personal data depend on the circumstances at hand, such purpose may not appear above. However, we will notify you of such other purposes at the time of obtaining your consent, unless processing of the applicable data without your consent is permitted by the Privacy Laws.
7. HOW DO WE PROTECT AND RETAIN CUSTOMER INFORMATION?
7.1 We implement a variety of security measures and strive to ensure the security of your personal data on our systems. User personal data is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of employees who have special access rights to such systems. However, there can be no guarantee of absolute security.
8. DO WE DISCLOSE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED TO OUTSIDE PARTIES?
8.1 In conducting our business, we may need to disclose your personal data to our third-party service providers, agents and/or our affiliates or related corporations, and/or other third parties, whether sited in Singapore or outside of Singapore, for one or more of the above-stated Purposes. Such third-party service providers, agents and/or affiliates or related corporations and/or other third parties would be processing your personal data either on our behalf or otherwise, for one or more of the above-stated Purposes. Such third parties include, without limitation:
- our affiliates and related organisations such as charities that receive the donations;
- donor or fundraisers you have transacted with or interacted with on the Platform or in connection with your use of the Services for the above-stated Purposes;
- other Users of our Platform for one or more of the above-stated Purposes;
- contractors, agents, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business. These include but are not limited to those parties which provide administrative or other services to us such as financial services providers, advertising and marketing partners, telecommunication companies, information technology companies, and data centres;
- governmental or regulatory authorities having jurisdiction over GIVE.asia;
- a donor or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of GIVE.asia’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal data held by GIVE.asia about our Service Users is among the assets transferred; or to a counterparty in a business asset transaction that GIVE.aisa or any of its affiliates or related corporations is involved in; and
- third parties to whom disclosure by us is for one or more of the Purposes and such third parties would in turn be collecting and processing your personal data for one or more of the Purposes.
8.2 We may share user information, including statistical and demographic information, about our Users and information about their use of the Services with advertising partners and third party suppliers of advertisements, remarketing, and/or other programming.
8.3 For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that Privacy Laws or other applicable laws permit an organisation such as us to collect, use or disclose your personal data without your consent, such permission granted by the laws shall continue to apply. Consistent with the foregoing and subject to applicable law, we may use your personal data for recognized legal grounds including to comply with our legal obligations, to perform our contract with you, to achieve a legitimate interest and our reasons for using it outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights, or where necessary in connection with a legal claim.
8.4 Third parties may unlawfully intercept or access personal data transmitted to or contained on the site, technologies may malfunction or not work as anticipated, or someone might access, abuse or misuse information through no fault of ours. We will nevertheless deploy reasonable security arrangements to protect your personal data as required by the Privacy Laws; however there can inevitably be no guarantee of absolute security such as but not limited to when unauthorised disclosure arises from malicious and sophisticated hacking by malcontents through no fault of ours.
8.5 Users in possession of another User’s personal data through the use of the Services (the “Receiving Party”) hereby agree that they will (i) comply with all applicable personal data protection laws with respect to any such data; (ii) allow the User whose personal data the Receiving Party has collected (the “Disclosing Party”) to remove his or her data so collected from the Receiving Party’s database; and (iii) allow the Disclosing Party to review what information has been collected about them by the Receiving Party, in each case of (ii) and (iii) above, in compliance with and where required by applicable laws.
8.6 Notwithstanding anything set forth herein, fundraisers shall comply with all applicable Privacy Laws and, in respect of any donor’s personal data received from GIVE.asia, (i) are not permitted to use such donor’s personal data except as reasonably necessary to respond to donors’ enquiries and to carry out respond to, process, deal with or complete a transaction without the donors’ and GIVE.asia’s prior written consent; (ii) should refrain from contacting donors using such information outside of the GIVE.asia platform; (iii) are not permitted to disclose such donor’s personal data to any unauthorized third parties without the donor’s and GIVE.asia’s prior written consent; (iv) shall employ sufficient security measures to protect each GIVE.asia user’s personal data in their possession and to delete such data as soon as reasonably possible upon completion of the transaction; and (v) to inform GIVE.asia’s Personal Data Protection Officer at [email protected] in the event of any potential data breach or other loss of such user’s data.
9. INFORMATION ON CHILDREN
9.1 The Services are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or maintain any personal data or non-personally-identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 nor is any part of our Platform or other Services directed to children under the age of 13. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow such children under your care to submit personal data to GIVE.asia. In the event that personal data of a child under the age of 13 in your care is disclosed to GIVE.asia, you hereby consent to the processing of the child’s personal data and accept and agree to be bound by this Policy on behalf of such child. We will close any accounts used exclusively by such children and will remove and/or delete any personal data we believe was submitted without parental consent by any child under the age of 13.
10. INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THIRD PARTIES
10.2 We, and third parties, may from time to time make software applications downloads available for your use via the Platform or through the Services. These applications may separately access, and allow a third party to view, your identifiable information, such as your name, your user ID, your device’s IP Address or other information such as any cookies that you may previously have installed or that were installed for you by a third party software application or website. Additionally, these applications may ask you to provide additional information directly to third parties. Third-party products or services provided through these applications are not owned or controlled by GIVE.asia. You are encouraged to read the terms and other policies published by such third parties on their websites or otherwise.
11. DISCLAIMER REGARDING SECURITY AND THIRD PARTY SITES
11.1 WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA AND/OR OTHER INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE ON THIRD PARTY SITES. We do implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal data that is in our possession or under our control. Your personal data is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the personal data confidential. When you place orders or access your personal data, we offer the use of a secure server. All personal data or sensitive information you supply is encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
11.2 In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may choose various third-party websites to link to, and frame within, the Platform. We may also participate in co-branding and other relationships to offer e-commerce and other services and features to our visitors. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies as well as security arrangements. Even if the third party is affiliated with us, we have no control over these linked sites, each of which has separate privacy and data collection practices independent of us. Data collected by our co-brand partners or third-party websites (even if offered on or through our Platform) may not be received by us.
11.3 We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content, security arrangements (or lack thereof) and activities of these linked sites. These linked sites are only for your convenience and you therefore access them at your own risk. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Platform and the links placed upon each of them and therefore welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including, without limitation, if a specific link does not work).
12. WILL WE TRANSFER YOUR INFORMATION OVERSEAS?
12.1 Your personal data and/or information may be transferred to, stored or processed outside of your country. In most cases, your personal data will be processed in Singapore, where our servers are located. GIVE.asia will only transfer your information overseas in accordance with Privacy Laws.
13. HOW CAN YOU WITHDRAW CONSENT, REQUEST ACCESS TO, CORRECTION OR DELETION OF INFORMATION YOU HAVE PROVIDED TO US?
13.1 Withdrawing Consent
13.2 Requesting Access to, Correction or Deletion of Personal Data
13.2.1 You may personally access and/or correct your personal data currently in our possession or control through the profile Settings page on the Platform. Alternatively, you may request to access, correct or delete your personal data currently in our possession or control by submitting a written request to us. We will need enough information from you in order to ascertain your identity as well as the nature of your request so as to be able to deal with your request. Hence, please submit your written request by sending an email to our Personal Data Protection Officer at [email protected].
13.2.2 We may charge you a reasonable fee for the handling and processing of your requests. If we so choose to charge, we will provide you with a written estimate of the fee we will be charging. Please note that we are not required to respond to or deal with your request unless you have agreed to pay the fee.
13.2.3 We reserve the right to refuse to correct/delete your personal data in accordance with the provisions as set out in Privacy Laws, where they require and/or entitle an organisation to refuse to correct/delete personal data in stated circumstances.
14. QUESTIONS, CONCERNS OR COMPLAINTS? CONTACT US
14.1 If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy practices, we welcome you to contact us by email at [email protected].
Last modified: 26 Jul 2021